Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Digital Story - Polygons

We worked on a unit in math on polygons.  The students need to identify triangles, quadrilaterals, pentagons, and hexagons by the number of sides and angles each shape has.  This unit covers Common Core Standard 2.G.A.1 Reasoning with Shapes and Their Attripbutes. The main focus of the unit is for the students to be able to sort the shapes by their attributes. The Digital Story shows pictures from the artist Rob Gonsalves. The students needed to identify a polygon from the picture and explain how they knew it was that shape.  The students worked off of scripts that they filled out the day before and practice.  I used iMovie to add music and labels to video I took with my phone.


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy this. I think the 1st grade teacher will get some ideas on how students can "spy" shapes in pictures. I used the iMovie app. for the IPad with my students as well.

    ReplyDelete