Friday, February 22, 2013

Diigo

Here is the link to my Diigo library.  I have to admit that at first I wasn't too excited about Diigo.  After spending time trying it out I have changed my mind!  I wish that I had know about it sooner.  I have been using Pinterest for a while and will continue to do so, but with Diigo I feel that it is easier and quicker to locate things.  I am finding that the more I use Pinterest, that the more crowded my boards are becoming which makes it hard to go back and find what I am looking for.  Diigo's tags and lists features make it easier to see what you have saved.  I do like that Pinterest shows you the picture of the idea.

At first I did not use the list feature, but when I went back to create lists I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to add previously saved items to the new lists.  Each time I save something new to my library, it is just one click to easily add that item to the appropriate list.

I also saw the "play as webslide" feature on the lists page.  It shows the web pages from the library in a slide show.  This can be helpful to help you remember what was on the page that you wanted to save instead of looking at multiple pages on the same topic.


2 comments:

  1. Dear Diana,

    I hope you will do a Show and Tell about the "WebSlides" feature in Diigo. It is a neat feature, and I don't think many people know about it. Usually, when I am using Diigo, I do lots of tagging, but when Diigo is used for social networking, some of these other features, in addition to joining networks to share bookmarks, are "really cool." I had not been using the "WebSlides," but just tried it out, and it is helpful to view your Listed bookmarks in this mode.

    Thanks,

    J. Arzt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have started making item lists too, but have not checked out the WebSlide feature. I have found that joining groups was a great way to find the specific information I needed quickly.

    ReplyDelete